Rugby is one of the most popular sports amongst the boys, each of them aspiring to pull a Springbok jersey over their heads in years to come. In 2015, we could field a total of 24 rugby teams from grade 1 to 7, each of them getting an opportunity to play during the rugby season, which runs from March to September.
Die graad 1 en 2 leerders neem deel aan die verpligte vaardigheidsprogram, waar geen kontak gemaak word nie, maar slegs gefokus word op rugbyvaardighede. Daarna vind daar spanoefeninge plaas vir die seuns wat daarin belangstel.
The school hosts a number of rugby tournaments over the course the year, which includes the Vodacom Shop Tygervalley Group / Ultra Rugby Tournament where the boys participate in Sevens, Tens and 15-man rugby. We also host a u.13A evening tournament as well as the u.7 – u.9 Mini-Rugby Tournament that takes place at the Faure Street Stadium.
This year, we had two boys in the Western Province u.13B team and two boys in the Western Province u.12 A and B teams. The u.12 boys were also the captains of their respective teams.
Ons o.13A-rugbyspan word met trots geborg deur Hyundai Paarl en ons is dankbaar vir hul deurlopende ondersteuning en belegging in ons jeug.
KLEREDRAG EN TOERUSTING
Gepaste kleredrag en uitrusting wat vir ‘n betrokke sportsoort ontwerp is moet gedra word om beserings te voorkom.
KLEREDRAG VIR OEFENING
- Enige rugbybroekie
- Enige rugbytrui.
- Geen T-hemde, frokkies of snaakse kortbroeke word toegelaat by die senior spanne nie.
- Die o.7 – o.9-spelers kan wel in ‘n t-hempie oefen.
- ‘n Mondskerm
- Arriveer altyd by oefeninge met ‘n skoolsweetpakbaadjie of ‘n warm bostuk.
KLEREDRAG VIR WEDSTRYDE
- Blou rugbybroekie.
- Klein Boishaai rugbytrui.
- ‘n Mondskerm
- Die seniorspanne reis altyd in skoolsweetpakke en drafskoene. Die juniorspanne reis slegs in hulle rugbyklere. (koue omstandighede – sweetpak)
GEEN KLEDINGSTUKKE MAG ONDER DIE WEDSTRYDDRAG UITSTEEK NIE.
- Team selection is at the absolute discretion of the coaches.
- In the u.7 – u.13 teams, players are selected on merit. The last team will rotate to enable all players in this group to play a match.
- Trials will be held at the start of each season. In this manner all pupils have a fair and even opportunity when teams are selected for the first match (es). At these trials the different coaches will place the players in a group. The Inter-house Sports days also serve as an opportunity to identify talent.
- No team is final! The skills and development of each learner will be monitored continuously.
- The place and position of each player in a team will be determined by the coach. It is his/her sole responsibility.
- Recognition is given to the fact that players can develop or perform better in certain position.
Spelers mag nie buite hul ouderdomsgroep deelneem nie. Die ouderdom wat die speler in die jaar word, of andersins spesifieke voorskrifte wat deur die provinsiale moederligaam gegee word, sal bepaal in watter ouderdomsgroep die speler deelneem. Geen oor-ouderdomspeler sal toegelaat word om aan sport by PSS deel te neem nie.
We are extremely grateful to our parents who assist us in this regard. On a match day all coaches, teams and players meet at the quad to ensure all are present and ready. Transport by bus will be available in case parents cannot help out with transport. If a player is to be transported by another party he needs permission from his parents or guardians to do so.
No learner may be transported in or on the back of a bakkie. Time of departure and anticipated arrival times will be communicated via team lists. Please ensure that all players are punctual. In case of an emergency please contact the coach immediately.
All players must make use of bus transport if an away match is scheduled on a week day at a venue outside of the Paarl-Wellington area.