History of the school

Home Page of Paarl Boys Primary > About Us > History of the school

 

Before 1955 there was no primary school in Paarl for boys. Boys from Standard 2 (grade 4) were taught at Paarl Boys’ High School. This meant the High School had boys from Standard 2 to Matric and soon the school had over 700 boys.

As a result of the ever increasing numbers, the building could not house all of the boys. It was decided that another building should be built to accommodate the younger boys and that is when the property in Devine Street was identified.

Up until then, all the boys from Sub. A – Std. 1 had to attend either La Rochelle or Girls’ High Schools. Now boys from Sub A – Standard 5 would finally have their own school.

Our school was officially opened on 24 January 1955. The Standard 5 boys had to carry the desks down to the new school building.

The school had 371 boys and 12 teachers.

(Visited 1,491 times, 1 visits today)
Skip to toolbar