FORUMS

WEBMAIL

Our school's sponsors:

 

Home

 

When Paarl Boys’ High School was founded in 1868 it offered education to boys from Standard 2 to Matric. Boys in the Junior Primary classes had to begin their schooling at Girls’ High or La Rochelle.  In October 1940 the late Mr Gawie Pretorius became principal of BHS.   One of his ideals was to accommodate Junior Primary boys at Boys’ High - a dream which was realized in 1942 and which favourably affected the growth of the school.

In the 1950’s the number of pupils exceeded seven hundred and space became a problem.  Therefore it was decided to try and establish a separate primary school.  A property in Devine Street had already been purchased for this purpose in 1942, but a lack of provincial funds had prevented any development from taking place.  At last the go-ahead was obtained and construction of the new Boys’ Primary school was started early in 1954.  On 24 January 1955 the new school opened its doors for the first time and had three hundred and seventy one pupils and twelve members of staff.

Today learners come from various cultural and religious backgrounds.  Every learner has the freedom to be true to his own self.  English is the home language of approximately 57% and Afrikaans of about 43% of the boys. Learners from other language groups who prefer to have their schooling in English also form part of the Klein Boishaai family.

Click here for more photos
 

Send mail to postmaster@paarlboysp.co.za with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2009 Paarl Boys' Primary School
Last modified: 11/17/14